Medal Certificate Replacements

illibov

Greetings,

Hope everyone is well. Not sure the best place to put this query, so MISC seemed most appropriate! Trying to find a way to get a replacement certificate for a US Army Commander's Award for Public Service to a civilian. I'm a teacher and a friend of mine at my school was awarded this medal/certificate before he came to our current school. He was the JROTC coordinator at his previous school. He has the medal locked away, but the certificate was destroyed in a house fire (it was framed on the wall!). I've been trying to find a blank copy of the certificate that I can use to make a replacement for him. I've tried contacting every Army e-mail address I can find on the Interwebs, but no one's been able to help me. I'm not sure who to contact in Detroit (where he was teaching), because I don't have any contacts there and the school where he was working has since closed. I don't really want to get HIM too involved because I hoped it would be a surprise.Any help anyone can give is most appreciated! Thanks!

Best,

Dave

Chicago, IL

You can go here and pick up a blank one for about $10. Then type it up to make it professional looking. Of course you need to know what to type into the body of the certificate that tells what he did to receive the award. Maybe you can go as far as to have the officer who originally put him in for the award to sign it.

Kim

http://www.medalsonline.org/medals/army-commander-s-award-for-public-service-certificate-ff80808117344aab011752cc53a479dc-p.html

Thanks! I actually ordered one from them already and wasnt happy with the quality. It didnt have the embossed foil image of the medal itself. As for the text of the certificate, Ive got some pictures of the presentation from his wife, so I can recreate it word-for-word. Signature might just be left blank for now, but Im hoping to do everything else up nicely!

Any other suggestions from other folks?

Thanks,

Dave

Incidentally, Ive just determined that the certificate Im looking for is DA FORM 5231 if that helps anyone know where I can look. Thanks!