Submariner Badge maker mark help

Hi Guys

Hey was wondering if i can get an opinion on this Maker Mark which is on the back of a Submariner combat patrol badge.Thanks Jay

post-564-0-52471300-1583943154.jpg

post-564-0-65194000-1583943172.jpg

I can't make out what the first upper more pronounced letting is but below this is the manufacture name of Blackinton Co which looks like a lighter strike with small size lettering.

Thanks, still trying to figure out if this a legit maker mark as i havent seen any reference on this mark. Any idea on era?

Have you checked out Andrew Lipps website on military hallmarks? They show a palmtree symbol-sterling over Blackington mark. I can't tell from the picture what your says above Blackington. Dave

RustyCanteen

What I see is a badge with "Sterling" cast into it, overstamped partially with the Blackington name and whatever is directly above Blackington.

STER[V-H] (or M-H)

BLACKINGTON

Thanks Guys

Yes i went to Mr. Lipps sight and viewed the photos close but not exact. Do you guys believe this to be real or an attempt to make look authentic.I have yet to see a Blackington combat patrol badge with this MM to compare to,and dont want to spend money on a repo.

Hi Jay,

Without seeing the full reverse and the hardware to help with possible maker ID, I agree with the above that it looks like a raised STERLING that has been overstamped by an incuse-relief 2 line "V H" over "BLACKINTON" stamp. The outline of the Blackinton stamp is in the shape of a "hat", which further obscures the sterling mark. I don't recall seeing this type of stamped Blackinton mark so when it was added (ie WW2 period, more recently to "add value" or somewhere in between) would have to be determined.

Regards

Mike