firefighter

USCG 9th PSU beret

Pretty cool picture of a Coastie wearing what I'm assuming a locally made beret insignia. This is from Desert Stormpost-105435-15838610412623.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Here is a better picture. I have a buddy that was in the 9th PSU. He said they ordered these before going over. post-105435-15838801264148.jpg

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

Firefighter - thanks for posting the picture of the beret. I always suspected that one of the three PSUs that deployed ISO Operation Desert Storm/Shield wore a beret, but never had any luck finding a clear picture of it in use until recently. Including the two photos above I am up to three sightings. Still trying to find an original beret with the patch.

donation2009.gifdonation2013.gif

Thanks for the first picture.

I have a 9th PSU DBDU, first time I've come across a picture of it in the field.

Firefighter - thanks for posting the picture of the beret. I always suspected that one of the three PSUs that deployed ISO Operation Desert Storm/Shield wore a beret, but never had any luck finding a clear picture of it in use until recently. Including the two photos above I am up to three sightings. Still trying to find an original beret with the patch.

I dont think my buddy would let his beret go. Not my field of collecting but I would love to have one.

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098

I have gotten lucky with some early patches from the time period, and always looking out for a beret. With any luck we will both find one, one day!

donation2009.gifdonation2013.gif

Very cool! Didn't know CG ever used a beret.

Same here. Never knew he even had one till I just asked him about the picture.

911flag.jpg

ASMIC #1098