Early Felt Patch. Military? Any Ideas?

I found this in a small group of assorted US Army & Navy items. It came from a picker who got the group at two different sales. It's 4 1/4 inches tall and made of felt/wool. I believe the letters are CW with a red arrow pointing up. Any ideas? Military? School? Thanks.

post-165739-0-93725800-1583792477.jpg

post-165739-0-30479000-1583792486.jpg

donation2017.gif
donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I almost always have military items online. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

MY eBay LINK BELOW

EBAY AUCTION LINK

Wonder if it could be Boy Scouts, Camp Wauwepex located at Wading River, NY. Opened in 1921. Just a guess.

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

Order of the Red Arrow is a Boy Scout award....I think aznation is on to something

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Member, ASMIC.

Editor, ASMIC's The Trading Post

ASMIC Executive VP

That's a wild and specific guess, can you share your clues az?. I'm dieing to know

I went on Worthpoint's website and at first did a search for felt patch "red arrow". I noticed a lot of the pics that came up were Boy Scout related to include Order of the Red Arrow. Your patch doesn't really look like the 32nd Division patch and the CW didn't really go along with that either. I then did a search for felt patch CW and Camp Wauwepex came up in the search. Since your patch looks like it has some age I checked out how old Camp Wauwepex was and 1921 was pretty old.

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

I agree, it is likely Boy Scout related, maybe not Order of the Arrow but probably another early scout order. I found this somewhat similear example. The website the photo came from was dead but it says that it was for the order of the red lodge.

post-193671-0-05567900-1583814676.png

donation2019.gif

Thanks to all for your responses. I was hoping for a military relation but BSA could be good too. One of my first thoughts was a connection to the Campfire Girls but I couldn't find any similar matches. Thanks to the moderators for not locking the thread (for now). :)

donation2017.gif
donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I almost always have military items online. Don't hesitate to ask questions.

MY eBay LINK BELOW

EBAY AUCTION LINK

I might add that I'm not 100% certain it's not military. So far there's no definitive proof either way.