Strange WW1 group photograph find at flea market

Tonomachi

I bought this framed photograph of what looked like a group of WW1 soldiers however the cap piece looked like a moose which I thought maybe they were a Canadian unit but there is the US flag in the picture. I got it home and under magnification I noticed many wearing a buckle with four letters of which I can only make out the first letter of "L" and last letter of "M". With the metal moose cap badges I'm guessing this is some kind of fraternal service organization like the Loyal Order of the Moose. A number of them have "CAL" collar brass pinned to their stand up collars which has to stand for California since I found this in Northern California. There are no rifles only swords that look fraternal instead of military. It is an older photo as you can see these older Ford model T type vehicles parked in the background. So did these fraternal organizations have a veterans group that wore their older uniforms for ceremonies or to celebrate maybe the end of WW1?

post-1389-0-77675200-1583785341.jpg

post-1389-0-43112500-1583785354.jpg

post-1389-0-30857200-1583785369.jpg

The shooting badge on the last photo looks like a California National Guard badge.

Kurt