Imperial US Folding pocket Knife Question

cerick1450

Hello

Did Imperial make a stainless steel blade folding knife marked US during ww2? I have included a stock photo below, of three I pulled off of the internet of the type I am talking about. I have been told there is one for sale and it is claimed to be ww2 era... I do not have any pictures of the actual knife for sale. All I know is that it is Marked US on the outside and Imperial Stainless steel on one of the blades..

Thank you for the help..

post-13198-0-74291400-1583767425_thumb.jpg

The answer is yes, but I've never seen one with the Imperial name on it.

In 1941 Albert Baer bought the Ulster knife Co. and made a deal with the Mirando brothers to merge Ulster and Imperial creating the (Imperial Knives Associated Companies). Kingston is a brand name the was previously owned by Ulster and the new company also made knives during and after WW2 under that name as well.

So yes from 1941 into the early 2000's Knives with the names Imperial, Ulster, and Kingston were made by Imperial. OBTW, in 1946 after the war Imperial also obtained Schrade.

The knife you're interested in Is likely a post war knife, the Kingston marked knives during WW2 didn't have US marked on the sides, the Imperial main blade should also be date stamped after the war. It's also possible that the knife was repaired at sometime and the blade was replaced with an Imperial marked blade from a different type knife that fits the knife for sale.