Finally got around to joining

Doctorofwar

Doctorofwar

I have been viewing the forum for several years and finally got around to joining. I have been impressed with the quality of some of the posts in the past that have helped me identify and research items I have come across in my years of collecting.

A little about me- I have a broad interest in collecting Militaria but have focused on field gear and edged weapons most recently. I have been collecting for over 25years. My US collection spans Span-Am War-present. Items that give me the biggest thrill are the finds in the back of dusty antique stores, garage sales and flea markets- it gives me satisfaction to rescue these pieces of history from what may have eventually been the trash.

I had a truly great collecting mentor as a kid, and as Im sure most of you can relate, once you get the bug you never really stop collecting.

Thanks for having me on here, looking forward to being a member.

Doctorofwar

Some of my 1219c2 pattern knives- I have a little addiction to them. Both USN and USMC issue from the beginning to present. A few holes, as every time Im getting close to collecting them all someone uncovers a new variation, often too rare or expensive for me to snap up. Not too many museum quality pieces here, just representative examples of different versions. I prefer all of my collection to have seen honest use vs unused mint condition anyway. A couple doubles in there if they had an interesting theater handle or sheath, otherwise unique variations.

post-249781-0-28934200-1584552242_thumb.jpeg