Bomb Squadron Patch

gap

Looking for an expert opinion dating this patch. It's from a veteran's estate. I don't think it's painted, but it's not a decal either. Is it silk screened?

post-51748-0-81782000-1583759329_thumb.jpg

I recall seeing this posted elsewhere, and thought it was given a thumbs up. Recall Bob Chatt commenting it was typical to find it painted on thin leather for this squadron?

Yes, it was posted on What's it Worth, but I am still wondering if it's painted or silk screened. Thanks.

I would say it is a silk screen or maybe a block print due to the even thickness of the paint and lack of brush strokes also the black outlines are a consistent width which would be almost impossible if done free hand with a brush. It is also out of register showing it was printed. It looks like a fairly modern reunion piece to me.

Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor, where are you!

saw your note, been busy with quite a bit of leather patch making, the patch is the 781st Bombardment Squadron , not sure of when made , too me(just my opinion) it looks too well preserved for 70+ years old,"BUT" you neever know, here's some images of others I've seen ..... note that they were incised types, so not sure if a painted/silkscreened etc type was ever used during WW2 ,

post-2068-0-38678000-1583804193_thumb.jpg