• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

The collecting Gods have been kind to me the last couple of years. I did my best to organize most of the items on the shelves based on branch, the top being mainly USMC, middle USN, and bottom WW1, although there are different branches/eras thrown in there.

If you have any questions or would like closer pictures, feel free to ask and Id be happy to share. One of my personal grail items is the bracelet hanging on the picture on the top left shelf. He was a rifleman who landed on Guadalcanal on D-Day with Company I, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regt, 1st Marine Division. He was pulled from the line in October due to illness (Im going to hazard a guess on it being malaria). He was sent back to the States in a Guard capacity, and then landed on Okinawa with 1st Battalion, 4th Marine Regt, 6th Marine Division, again as a rifleman. He was wounded there in April from a concussion blast, ending the war for him.

post-104906-0-82151700-1583755542_thumb.jpeg

Looking to buy US dog tags, any era. Contact me and let me know what you have!

Apologize for the sideways picture, newish phone so I have to get reacquainted with getting the pictures right

Great display. You have some nice pieces. What’s the story on the helmet on your Marine shelf?

-Gene

“The English fight for Honor, the French for Glory, but the Americans fight for Souvenirs!"

Roy S. Durstine, 1918

Very nice display! I like the engraved canteen. Is the B-17 a modern model or older one?

..Kat

Thank you! Its a new model with an interesting story. This past September, my father and I went to the Collings Foundation airshow and toured the B17 Nine-0-Nine, a period WWII B17 repainted as a tribute aircraft for the original Nine-0-Nine. Three weeks after we toured it, it crashed at another Collings event, killing 7 people.

This was my second time touring that aircraft and my mom searched dilligently for a model of it, eventually finding it before Christmas and giving it to me. I was floored!

Edit-I think the photo may come out sideways again

post-104906-0-55625400-1583801145_thumb.jpeg

Great display. You have some nice pieces. Whats the story on the helmet on your Marine shelf?

Thanks! Unfortunately theres no backstory to it, I used it as a filler for that display shelf. Its a front seam stainless rim fixed bail. The liner is added to it, but is a very nice, salty and complete Westinghouse.

Thank you! Its a new model with an interesting story. This past September, my father and I went to the Collings Foundation airshow and toured the B17 Nine-0-Nine, a period WWII B17 repainted as a tribute aircraft for the original Nine-0-Nine. Three weeks after we toured it, it crashed at another Collings event, killing 7 people.

This was my second time touring that aircraft and my mom searched dilligently for a model of it, eventually finding it before Christmas and giving it to me. I was floored!

Edit-I think the photo may come out sideways again

Great model! I believe those are called postage stamp models or something like that. They are great models.

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif