US ARMY PHILIPPINE CAMPAIGN GROUP

0811gysgt

I purchased this group some time ago and never had a chance to research it. It appears that the Philippine Congressional Campaign Medal No. 5340 would be the only traceable medal of the three.

Can anyone please tell me who that medal traces out to?

Thank You,

Rocco

post-8847-0-66545100-1583718486_thumb.jpeg

post-8847-0-72554500-1583718498_thumb.jpeg

Hi Rocco,

Philippine Congressional Medal No. 5340 was issued on 27 November 1915 to Fred Stahr for service in Company A, 13th Minnesota Volunteer Infantry. Nice medal group.

Semper Fi,

Bruce

It is pretty typical on this Volunteer groups to have the Spanish and Philippines to be MNO with the Congressional an NO.

Nice group.

Kurt

Thank You Mason for posting the information and photo for Frederick Stahr. I really appreciate that.

The Spanish Campaign is M.No.2735 and the Philippine Campaign is M.No.3763

This group also came with another Spanish American War group, which I have since sold. Hopefully Stahr did not also receive the Occupation of Porto Rico Campaign plain numbered 740 or Occupation of Cuba plain numbered 7440. I doubt that he would have rated those two medals. They were sold with Spanish Campaign M.No. 414, Philippine Campaign M.No. 5435, Army Spanish War Service plain numbered 24284 and Philippine Congressional No. 10414.

There is a WWI Victory Medal, with no bars, and a Spanish American War Veterans Medal that came with this group.

Thank You for all who contributed so far.

Rocco