Large F-105 Wild Weasel patch

Siamundo

I am guessing based on the arrowhead design, that this is a patch for an F-105 Wild Weasel. It is a large patch, about 8" high. Thinking it might be made in Thailand as it came with several other novelty/souvenir patches that all appear Thai made.

post-2744-0-36177600-1583608627_thumb.jpg

Thanks firefighter, I think it is sweet as well. Although I have seen this weasel design before, I hadn't seen another patch quite like this.

Here's another, confirming your thoughts. Nice one, have not seen it either. The others look like party suit patches.

Randy

post-8832-0-71331700-1583636164.jpg

Thanks for posting your great looking patch Randy. The rectangular version with the weasel was exactly the one I was thinking of.

You Gotta Be Sh*tting Me They still use that today. My buddy is a MN ANG F-16 pilot and they've trained on the Wild Weasel mission so their patch includes that acronym.

post-11373-0-27668000-1583710967.jpg

Yes, that phrase goes back to the original F-100F WW days. The project was classified, and when the crew members were finally told what the mission they volunteered for was, one of them blurted that out. It's been part of weasel lore ever since.

Randy