kwc271

WWII footlocker display

Here is my WWII footlocker display, enjoy!

post-4525-0-43818700-1583594287_thumb.jpeg

Very nice, love the pin up's.

Reminds me of my locker layout ready for inspection when I was in basic training. We weren't allowed pin up's though.

Thanks for sharing your collection.

Nick.

Thank you! I found some WWII packaged thumbtacks and used them for the pin-ups. Lol

Ingrid Bergman, Rita Hayworth, and Jane Russell

I cut myself some plexiglass to put over the tray to keep out dust and sticky fingers when I take it on display at events

Ingrid Bergman, Rita Hayworth, and Jane Russell 

What no Betty grable!

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Very nice, love the pin up's.

Reminds me of my locker layout ready for inspection when I was in basic training. We weren't allowed pin up's though.

Thanks for sharing your collection.

Nick.

I'm a couple of decades removed from the footlocker, but had to endure - and on rare occasion, actually pass - drawer and locker inspection. Looking at your display I can practically hear my FTO's footsteps coming down the hall.

Nice layout, great display. Thanks for sharing!

Nice display

SFC Ruiz M

Ordnance ARMY

very nice! may I suggest a Betty Grable...

here is a 5x7 offered on eBay for $3.99 free shipping... and here is why;

The 1943 Frank Powolny bathing suit photo made Betty Grable the number-one pin-up girl of World War II and became the most requested photo for G.I.s stationed overseas surpassing the popularity of Rita Hayworth's famous 1941 photo. The demand for Grable's photograph caused millions of copies to be sold and given away. (troops were requesting 50,000 copies every month. )

It was later included in the Life magazine project "100 Photographs That Changed the World".

so therefore to be historically correct you must get one! lol!

post-205679-0-94385100-1583682204.jpg

here is my footlocker. mine is USAAF specific as that is the scope of my collection. I spent time trying to find original items for it. still waiting on my NOS box of Molle' shave cream but got my Barbasol just recently. its a bit clumsy and cluttered but it was a lot of fun putting this together and going on the hunt for items for it! some items such as the soap and gum I have in plastic to protect them. probably should have removed them for these photos... 

IMG_9378.JPG

IMG_9661.JPG

IMG_9664.JPG

IMG_9665.JPG

the asprin tin is from Ft.Knox and dated 6/6/42!

bayer1.jpg

1 hour ago, EdwardJReed said:

the asprin tin is from Ft.Knox and dated 6/6/42!

bayer1.jpg

Love this.....my Dad was stationed at Ft. Knox during the war......

donation2011.gifdonation2018.gif

14 hours ago, everforward said:

Love this.....my Dad was stationed at Ft. Knox during the war......

whoa! very cool!  yes, when I was finding items to throw in my foot locker a small tin of aspirin was on the list and I was so lucky to find one actually proven to be from a base during the war! 

Great items! Like the Aspirin. Seldom seen in a collection.

Very Nice

SFC Ruiz M

Ordnance ARMY

Some super nice items, and well displayed 

"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions."

Always looking for ww2 USMC items, helmets and any camo'd items

"thinking outside of the box"

New website

https://combatusedmilitaria.com

added a very interesting little piece to my foot locker today. Scotch brand stamped metal tape dispenser. Scotch didn't start using the red/green plaid   design in their marketing until late 1945 so this little blue/cream color dispenser is particularly hard to find. I wanted one because it is shown in a WWII army signal corps soldier's footlocker inspection photo. so naturally I was on the hunt! 

It came with what was left of a used postwar tin reel of tape (hence the red/green on that piece) 

footlocker_inspection.jpg

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0008.JPG

IMG_0010.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

ScotchTapeFootLockerZoom.jpg

tape_dispenser.jpg

On 6/17/2020 at 6:43 PM, Quartermaster said:

Here's one of my footlocker displays

Wow! super nice! great items in it! thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing footlocker displays.

minor update to my footlocker. well, maybe not quite so minor... I had a large 5" x 7" repro Betty Grable photo in it but it seemed out of place but I finally got a vintage and appropriate size (3.5" x 5.5") Betty Grable post card also a matching Rita Hayworth to go with it. As said before, "buy the item not the story" I still enjoyed the seller's entry about these two items; "
One of four postcards that my grandfather treasured during this service in the Army in the Pacific during WWII.
She also had listings for Hedy Lamarr and Ann Sheridan but I decided not to get those.
If you look closely the Postcards have six carefully placed pin holes along the edge which I would like to believe are thumbtack holes from being in a footlocker or on his bunker wall. One can imagine it anyway! Just the same it lends that much more authenticity to my footlocker. I decided to not tack them up (using the same holes )but to put them in protective sleeves and tack them up that way.... okay so that takes something away from it so I may change my mind on that one day.
She also mentioned her grandfather put the American flag sticker on the Rita card and that just makes it that much cooler in my opinion! (I paid $12.50 each )

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0560.JPG