M-1 helmet questions

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

Saw this helmet today. Rear seam, swivel bail, still has sand finish. Repaint?, Know dents or damage. What period is the web in the liner. What do you think? If good, what would be the value? Thanks Steve

post-154231-0-47699300-1583451460_thumb.jpg

post-154231-0-47035500-1583451498_thumb.jpg

Nice early liner with laundry number...Worth buying just for the liner alone....WW2 shells used cork and the later ones sand.....Bodes

Kansas Raider

I will go back tomorrow to get better pictures. I was having hard time getting it focused. It is about an 1 1/2 hrs away. The price, I have no clue what it is worth. They are asking $150. What do you think? Steve

BILL THE PATCH

The liner with the rayon webbing is worth a good chunk, I would grab it, Some helmets used silica late in the 50's and 60's

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Kansas Raider

I am going to go first thing in the morning. Thanks for all of your responses, I thought $150 was crazy. Thanks again Steve

I am going to go first thing in the morning. Thanks for all of your responses, I thought $150 was crazy. Thanks again Steve

You'd be able to sell the liner for that price and more if you wanted to, and get a free shell. But would be a shame if the helmet is a matching set, please keep it together in that case, can't go wrong for 150.

Nice score! There was a well used Rayon Westinghouse liner that sold on eBay recently for $145 by itself! Even without the Rayon sweatband I think yours is nicer

Kansas Raider

Hopefully these are better pictures. Took outside to get better light. The helmet is stamped on the inside 1203E, on the webbing is marked J.D.V. 37300123, I am assuming that is a service number.

post-154231-0-07613800-1583530395_thumb.jpg

post-154231-0-09899000-1583530423_thumb.jpg

Kansas Raider

more. If close up needed on anything let me know. This is my real first dealings with helmets. Thanks Steve

post-154231-0-21174000-1583530671_thumb.jpg

post-154231-0-26953200-1583530701_thumb.jpg

post-154231-0-31678600-1583530730_thumb.jpg

Is that a intact non removable leather adjustable liner strap? The exterior paint on the liner is original which is great, the rear seam McCord is also a nice example. $150 well spent

Is that a intact non removable leather adjustable liner strap? The exterior paint on the liner is original which is great, the rear seam McCord is also a nice example. $150 well spent

Sure looks like it from here, fantastic liner! You don't see too many of the 1st pattern Westinghouse liners with an intact chinstrap.

Its very hard to find an early liner like that with an intact non removable leather chinstrap, increases the value alot??....mike

Kansas Raider

thanks everybody for your guidance on this helmet. If I still had my old phone ( flip phone) and could not taken a picture, I would have walk on by shaking my head about the $150 price. I am glad about having a smart phone. Do you think it is possible to find out who the soldier was with the service number? Thanks Steve

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It may be possible to find who the soldier is from the service number, but unfortunately the majority of the records burned in 1973. I did a quick search but did not turn anything up for this service number. Nice helmet.