Opinions please.

kwc271

On my mannequin, gotta get the garrison belt as it has the belt hooks, the ega on the cap is a post war “filler” until I get the proper WWII one

post-4525-0-25498200-1584047636_thumb.jpeg

Can anyone help with some proper collar ega’s? I would be willing to trade the sterling one for a set, or do you folks think that is a bad idea? I know officers tended to have the “better” sterling ones, but since an NCO ended up with this uniform ,I figured that a set like an NCO would have would be better. Or, should I keep this one with its original (I assume) uniform? Any advice is welcome,

thanks,

Kevin

Can anyone help with some proper collar ega’s? I would be willing to trade the sterling one for a set, or do you folks think that is a bad idea? I know officers tended to have the “better” sterling ones, but since an NCO ended up with this uniform ,I figured that a set like an NCO would have would be better. Or, should I keep this one with its original (I assume) uniform? Any advice is welcome,

thanks,

Kevin

Well ideally you will want a matching set for the collar, and barring any prohibiting problem, such as finding a exact match, then these would be fine as there would be nothing out of the ordinary of an NCO privately purchasing more superior insignia of the type HE could wear, to wit, Blackinded EGA's for his Greens, now wearing officer dress blue type EGAs on his EM Blues, cap included, as opposed to the EM type EGAs, that we think would be different

post-4525-0-43848000-1584488462.jpegCan these numbers inside the sleeve give us a clue as to who this NCO may possibly be? Or they might belong to Lt Col Parker. Is there a way to find out?

post-4525-0-58605600-1584488512.jpeg