Opinions please.

kwc271

Hello,

I have a chance to buy a set of USMC service uniform.( jacket, trousers and garrison cap.) it has staff sgt stripes, ega’s on the collar, no mouthing. The only thing is that it is made of the wool elastique, or its gaberdine, I’m not sure. I looked for a label and I found one inside the inner breast pocket. It is named and is dated 10/35 if I remember correctly. It sure seems like a high quality uniform ( Officer quality). The antique mall it is at is asking $100 for the set. Is it worth it you think? BTW, if this post is in the wrong section please move it Mods?

thank you

Kevin

Kevin,

Unfortunately, you are asking for advice on a subject that you have provided very little information on. For starters, what else did the label say? Is there any way that you could take and post photos? What kind of EG&A devices are on the uniform? Are they pin back, screw back, or clutch back? How are the chevrons made?

Please go back and see if you can get some photos. Be sure to look at the shoulders inside the jacket to see if there are any markings there.

Good luck.

Allan

I have pictures but am unable to post them, they are too big and I am working off an IPad and don’t know how to resize them. I can email them to someone to post for me if that is ok. The uniform is labeled to an officer Lt.Chas. E. Parker, no.15866., but it has sgt stripes sewn on the sleeves. They have been on there a long time it seems and they are of wool construction. There is one ega on the collar and it is screw back. The label inside with the officer’s name is dated 10/2/34. There is a custom tailor union label with number 1773596. Also there is a NRA label with the number DAB 1362370. I hope this helps. I’m just wondering if it is worth the $100 they are asking. Thank you

Kevin

Gerradtgrant

Can anyone post my pics for me?

You can also email them to yourself,and re-save them. Should compress the file size enough to allow you to post them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What should I offer for this complete uniform? What would you do? I’d like to have it as I don’t have one at all. Any help and opinions are appreciated , Thank you

BILL THE PATCH

Start at 75.00, I would grab it even for the 100.00, that's just me. I like the screwlback ega's, and the Sargent's stripes.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

Hey it might turn into something more, research the soldier. Good luck

Done! Gonna pick it up Monday. I just wonder why it has Sgt stripes on it? Did someone else obtain it later and make it his own?

BILL THE PATCH

That's very possible, uniforms reissued all the time.