Is this a POW ribbon?

amberg1853

Just picked this nice Ike jacket up this weekend from the vet's daughter (cool that it is dated June 6th, 1944). Double patched to the 5th Division (Normandy plus 30) and also the 106th Division. Found these two ribbon bars in the pocket, is this a POW ribbon bar? For some reason the stripes seem out of order on it but would make sense as a large number of the 106th was captured at the Bulge.

post-66501-0-46158400-1583191009_thumb.jpg

post-66501-0-58813200-1583191158_thumb.jpg

That's not to say he wasn't a POW. The medal colors are very close. If you have his name, I would send off for any records available.

Thanks for the info, wonder if it was a mistake when he put it on there. He was a young guy in WW2 so I can't imagine he was a part of the occupation in WW1. How do I go about getting his records?

A lot of WWII veterans put the WWI Occupation Ribbon on their uniforms because the equivalent ribbon for post WWII was not available yet.

Kurt

5thwingmarty

Thanks for the info on the WWI occupation ribbons sometimes being work by WWII vets. I have a grouping from a WWI and WWII vet and it appears he just used WWI victory ribbons on his uniforms. I had not seen or heard about others doing anything like that.