Prewar Meyer Navy Wings

Pointedcuffs

Pointedcuffs

Hello all,

Not my collecting field but I have done some research here on the forum and I believe what I have are prewar. Can someone tell me the value.

Thank you!

Mario

post-1237-0-49349900-1583121841.jpg

post-1237-0-26679800-1583121850.jpg

post-1237-0-34688700-1583121858.jpg

rathbonemuseum.com

Don't mean to differ from Costa but that verdigris is a problem. The underlying brass has a high copper content and at some point moisture has reacted to it. It will continue to eat into and pit the metal unless it is removed. That will affect the patina and make it uneven. If it was mine I would try and clean and polish the whole thing to get it back to solid state hoping it would have a fairly even color and finish.

In current condition I would not pay more than $45 for this example. While patina is desirable and matters, this is something else.

My 2 cents.

Tod

Don't mean to differ from Costa but that verdigris is a problem. The underlying brass has a high copper content and at some point moisture has reacted to it. It will continue to eat into and pit the metal unless it is removed. That will affect the patina and make it uneven. If it was mine I would try and clean and polish the whole thing to get it back to solid state hoping it would have a fairly even color and finish.

In current condition I would not pay more than $45 for this example. While patina is desirable and matters, this is something else.

My 2 cents.

Tod

Tod's a very knowledgeable and respected aerial badge collector. I think his statement above is spot-on!