Actor Dennis O'Keefe LtCmdr Photo

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

Went junking today and picked up this neat little photo.

Shows actor Dennis O'Keefe in a Navy Uniform with LtCmdr shoulder boards. And the photo is autographed!

So, I jumped on the forum to find the right topic to post it under. I got close, but not right. There was one, Hollywood actors as portraying real people, nope. I don't know the movie, so I don't know if he portrays a a real person.

I looked up his bio to see if he was a vet. I could find no references to him ever being in the Navy. Second; the photo has a date which I thought looked liked 3-7-57. I looked for His movies of 1957, nope. But a 1961 movie; All Hands On Deck. This matches the rank of the character. Most likely this was it, as a second look at the date, wasn't a date at all but a number, J-757. I just thought it was a cool picture and it turned out he was a very accomplished actor.

So what is the symbol on his shoulder boards? It's not a star or leaf. Looks like a life ring.

Well, enjoy!

post-9131-0-65342200-1583110876_thumb.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Civil Engineer Corps......and a full Commander, three stripes & scrambled eggs

Those are the gold leaves and silver mill rinde of the Navy’s Judge Advocates General’s Corps.

Salvage Sailor

Uh, no......Civil Engineer Corps, USN

Studio photo from "The Fighting Seabees"

Fighting Seabees 001.jpg

Fighting Seabees 002.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Yep Savage Sailor Beat me to it, the Fighting Seabees, which explains the Branch marks on the boards.

That's cool patches, here's a runner up Hollywood Eight Ball patch for you

PS - Signed movie stills also have a market and it is a John Wayne WWII film too.

1941 Belushi 001.jpg

1941 Belushi 002a.jpg

The Rooster

All hands on deck is apparently a comedy... Looks like a good movie.. Once you get past pat boone signing the opening.

Salvage Sailor

For brownie points, my grandmother went to Glendale High School with "Marion Morrison" aka John Wayne. He was the Pep club cheer leader and I have photos of him in her HS yearbooks

All hands on deck is apparently a comedy... Looks like a good movie.. Once you get past pat boone signing the opening.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pat boone signing the opening

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pat boone signing the opening

Speaking of Theme Songs.

Here's a fun topic that I think you never saw. about the 1968 released movie ANZIO, In it the OP 1canpara who never seen the movie before likens the theme song sung by 1960s singer Jack Jones as a " A Lame Vegas Lounge-Styled Tune" LOL LOL.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/250026-anzio/

Not sure how Wild Bill Jumped into this, but that was a funny movie.

With the Rooster and Me and goes off on wild tangents sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe the Rooster posted these in the wrong topic? Is that what happened Rooster???

The Rooster

No that was Savage Sailor with the first wild bill kelso picture.

Thats what got me going. Belushi !!! lol

:-)

• 2 weeks later...