Actor Dennis O'Keefe LtCmdr Photo

Went junking today and picked up this neat little photo.

Shows actor Dennis O'Keefe in a Navy Uniform with LtCmdr shoulder boards. And the photo is autographed!

So, I jumped on the forum to find the right topic to post it under. I got close, but not right. There was one, Hollywood actors as portraying real people, nope. I don't know the movie, so I don't know if he portrays a a real person.

I looked up his bio to see if he was a vet. I could find no references to him ever being in the Navy. Second; the photo has a date which I thought looked liked 3-7-57. I looked for His movies of 1957, nope. But a 1961 movie; All Hands On Deck. This matches the rank of the character. Most likely this was it, as a second look at the date, wasn't a date at all but a number, J-757. I just thought it was a cool picture and it turned out he was a very accomplished actor.

So what is the symbol on his shoulder boards? It's not a star or leaf. Looks like a life ring.

Well, enjoy!

post-9131-0-65342200-1583110876_thumb.jpg

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
UK - Op.'s Granby / Sabre / Warden
Canadian - Op. Desert Storm / Op. Friction
French - Daguet / Aconit
Netherlands, Belgium, Poland, South Korea, etc.
Looking for the oddities, including unfinished & flaws
I HAVE EXTRA's!! Will trade as well.

Supply officer.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

AND with the DUKE!!!!

I "primarily" collect Gulf War 1 patches. All branches (USA, USAF,USN, USMC & USCG) and ALL Countries..
US - Op.'s Desert Shield / Storm / Provide Comfort /Some Southern Watch - F-4G's Wild Weasels
French - Daguet / Aconit

Yep Savage Sailor Beat me to it, the Fighting Seabees, which explains the Branch marks on the boards.

That's cool patches, here's a runner up Hollywood Eight Ball patch for you

PS - Signed movie stills also have a market and it is a John Wayne WWII film too.

1941 Belushi 001.jpg

1941 Belushi 002a.jpg

All hands on deck is apparently a comedy... Looks like a good movie.. Once you get past pat boone signing the opening.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pat boone signing the opening

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pat boone signing the opening

Speaking of Theme Songs.

Here's a fun topic that I think you never saw. about the 1968 released movie ANZIO, In it the OP 1canpara who never seen the movie before likens the theme song sung by 1960s singer Jack Jones as a " A Lame Vegas Lounge-Styled Tune" LOL LOL.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/250026-anzio/

Not sure how Wild Bill Jumped into this, but that was a funny movie.

French - Daguet / Aconit

Not sure how Wild Bill Jumped into this, but that was a funny movie.

With the Rooster and Me and goes off on wild tangents sometimes :lol: :lol: :lol:

Or maybe the Rooster posted these in the wrong topic? Is that what happened Rooster???

Supply officer.

Ooops! I stand corrected! Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

• 2 weeks later...

Posted over to ebay

French - Daguet / Aconit