A Pair of M1Cs

1srelluc

I found these two M1Cs at a local flea market this morning....I really don't know squat about M1Cs.

Any insight would be appreciated. :)

DSCN9681-2.jpg

The first one has a '67 dated suspension, '69 liner, unmarked or faded away nape strap, Y, and chin strap. Chin strap is not the snap-in type and though it's worn almost as much as the rest of the webbing I suspect it is a replacement. No anchor on the clasp. It's named to James G. Coughlin.

DSCN9677-2.jpg

DSCN9684-2.jpg

The second one looks un-issued (pot, webbing, and liner shell) with a '67 suspension and a '71 dated liner. No nape strap. Un-marked Y-straps, chin strap (snap-in type) with anchor, with green painted bail fasteners.

DSCN9683-2.jpg

DSCN9680-2.jpg

The second one looks like a very nice example, what's the heat stamp? Early Nam era M1C shells aren't that plentiful these days! It's sweet!

The second one looks like a very nice example, what's the heat stamp? Early Nam era M1C shells aren't that plentiful these days! It's sweet!

M339D is the stamp in the "new" looking one.

The first one appears not to be an M1C, but a regular helmet with a jump liner. I understand that USMC made use of jump liners in regular shells, so it may just be a USMC helmet.