Ww2 A-5 parachute Tuskegee airman?

P-59A

Source: Fold3

Note: I noticed in the information you had for Donald R. Bull that you had it showed his plane had crashed and that he was one of two survivors. I found the Missing Air Crew Report for that incident and it's below.

MACR Page 1

Attached Images
  • msg-97747-0-91835600-1583282261.jpg

Source: Fold3

MACR Page 5

Note: You'll see on this page that indeed only two people to include Donald R. Bull survived the crash.

Attached Images
  • msg-97747-0-11004900-1583282441.jpg
  • msg-97747-0-28943100-1583282447.jpg

Just for the heck of it I decided to try and do a search on Find-A-Grave for one of the crew that died in the crash that Donald Bull was in. I was kind of surprised to find this, which led me to further research.

Source: Find-A-Grave

Attached Images
  • msg-97747-0-32032500-1583282605.jpg

Source: https://en.wikipedia.../Millard_Harmon

Excerpt

Millard Fillmore Harmon Jr. (January 19, 1888 – February 26, 1945) was a lieutenant general in the United States Army Air Forces during the Pacific campaign in World War II. He was presumed to have perished in February 1945 on a flight when the plane carrying him disappeared in transit. Harmon, Frank Maxwell Andrews, Simon Bolivar Buckner Jr. and Lesley J. McNair, all lieutenant generals at the time of their deaths, were the highest-ranking Americans to die in World War II.

On February 25, 1945, a C-87A Liberator Express carrying Harmon, and Brigadier General James R. Andersen, his chief of staff, departed Guam for Washington, D.C. via Kwajalein and Hawaii to resolve the fighter dispute. Their aircraft reached Kwajalein Island safely, but disappeared the next day after taking off for Hawaii. The aircraft was never found and there were no survivors. As Japanese air power had been neutralized in the vicinity of the Marshall Islands for some time, it is highly unlikely that enemy fighters were the cause of loss. Harmon was declared dead on 25 February 1946, one year after he disappeared.

Everything about the Missing Air Crew Report and the crew of the plane Donald R. Bull was in matches up to them searching for General Harmon. A really cool story, and Donald R. Bull was lucky to have survived!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...