Picked up this PH collection today

mkite93

If there were a contest for teaser photo of the month, you would have won hands down for February 2020. Inquiring minds want to see pictures of the backs of the medals, even without the research, some viewers will surely volunteer information if they just see the names. Don't keep the audience in suspense too long. ^_^ I'm hoping to see the back of the Navy or Marine medal that came in the purple case.

Haha I can see that. My collection went from 6 to 30 overnight. And unfortunately the navy box is empty but it came with the lot. If there is any someone would like a better photo of I will gladly post it.

Captainofthe7th

There are at least two Korea hearts in the mix.

Charles J May, 64th FA Bn MIA 5 Sep 50 and returned to duty next day

Jerold Diemer, HQ 1/29th Inf KIA 31 July 50

The one pictured with May's I cannot read....

Enjoy! If you don't focus on Korean War you know where to find me!

Rob

Thanks Rob. The Charles may one I hadn’t been able to find anything on I was curious on that one. Is that heart and bronze star privately engraved then?

Captainofthe7th

Thanks Rob. The Charles may one I hadn’t been able to find anything on I was curious on that one. Is that heart and bronze star privately engraved then?

It looks official from here. Probably a slightly post war issue, I've seen a few similar types to early casualties. One I have was WIA in July 1950 and his paperwork finally caught up to him in 1954. The Bronze Star is likely the blanket award for individuals who were there during the 2 July - 2 November period in 1950.

Rob

Hmm that’s interesting. There seems to be quite the variety in this grouping. From whah I have researched and with information another forum member provided there seems to be two USMC Purple Hearts in the group from WWI both were in the 6th regiment. The bronze star on Mays does have the V device so I though he would be easier to find.

I will be posting some of the ones with a story to tell after all the pieces start coming together.