Picked up this PH collection today

mkite93

Still pretty new to the forum and the collection and preservation of Purple Hearts but had an opportunity to expand my collection considerably in one day. There appears to be a little bit of everything in there 22 named in all and 24 total that I purchased today. And probably quite a few Ill have some questions on. Looks like theres everything from WWI WWII Korea and Vietnam. A couple I know are privately engraved but there are some I havent been able to come up with a lot of information yet but Im working on my research skills. Anyways just thought Id share to honor all their sacrifice.

post-263963-0-88939600-1582866117.jpeg

Thank you!! Yeah it’s not every day you come across a group like this that the guy just wanted to sell everything together, I found it on Craigslist of all places. I’ll start posting some closer pictures shortly.

dhcoleterracina

Great pieces, will keep you busy for a long time if you're into research. Do you suppose that this was a closet collector who passed away and the kids sold everything? Is Fike OK?

Yes actually I bought these from the son of a medal collector his dad had passed away a few years ago and the opportunity came up so I had to jump on it. His dad turns out had donated most of all the other medals to a museum before he passed but decided to hang on to the Purple Hearts. I was told there were boxes of high end DSC SS and all kinds of stuff.