WW1 Helmet Help Needed

MT247

Hi all,

Picked this one up at the show of shows after I couldn’t walk by it twice. Was looking for a little help from you guys on the paint. First it’s a British Mark I that must have been issued to an American soldier. On the front looks like a 31st Infantry division. Painted around the helmet are 307., Co C., a couple Diamonds, Corporal insignia, and what looks to be either a discharge or wound chevron. This confused me because I took the 307 to be the regiment but they were under the 77th. I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this. Thanks

67802a10722684b0d8035911b053072a.jpg

You can see slight discharge/wound chevron next to the 307 and Co C

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that one there. If you look closely, that's an 82nd Division insignia under the camo, and the 82nd had a bunch of 307th units.

Hey I think you may be right about the 82nd after taking a close look. I just assumed that it was the 31st. Thanks for the help.

I saw that one there.  If you look closely, that's an 82nd Division insignia under the camo, and the 82nd had a bunch of 307th units.

Do you think the triangles on the helmet could have anything to do with the signal battalion?