1st pattern USMC cover mint condition

Blackhawk

There is often a huge difference between asking and selling price.

Since it's priced as authentic, prices sure have skyrocketed on those. I know Lux usually asks a premium for their items though.

Sergesquadron

Good morning all. I had them in my hands see the link resend and it my ren purse. Serge

Good morning all. I had them in my hands see the link resend and it my ren purse. Serge

olivedrab1970

If the cover in question is the same as the cover in the link that Sergesquadron posted above it reinforces my opinion.

Craig

After viewing the prior post and if this is the same camouflage cover in question, I agree with Catfishcraig that this helmet cover is a reproduction. Bronson clothing (China) is putting out the closest to original USMC camouflage reproduction clothing to date, this helmet cover I speculate is an example of this.

Robin-

Thank you for the response!

Yes, this cover is from Lux-Militaria and I am really happy that I showed it to you before buying it.

I will keep distance to such a questionable piece.

Thanks,

Lukas

olivedrab1970

Very discouraging when there is this much difficulty identifying a repop!

Agreed, it is starting to become troublesome.

Robin-

I would offer that there really is not any difficulty identifying original versus repro on these covers.

Some people get really caught up on this *Pac Man* nonsense, when in actuality, there are similar shapes on both good and bad covers - there are three variations of that shape that are good.

Then stitching differences on edge and center seams, which have been replicated on repros as well. That is why members make me nervous when they singularly identify a cover by stitching.

The HBT textile itself should be examined for weave pattern, as I mentioned above.

There are two other aspects, that I will not detail here, that are more important than stitching. Fortunately, I have not seen any repro that gets all of these right.

So, beware when you get advice solely based on stitching and the beleaguered *Pac Man*. The entire cover needs to be known and assessed.

Very discouraging when there is this much difficulty identifying a repop!

Hate to say it but the weave has been replicated as well. You certainly have to take into account the whole but if one thing is obviously not right, then beware. Glad you didnt buy it.

Craig

If the cover in question is the same as the cover in the link that Sergesquadron posted above it reinforces my opinion.

Craig

colors look a bit off to me.Im sure in hand it wont have the feel of original material.

I would offer that there really is not any difficulty identifying original versus repro on these covers.

Some people get really caught up on this *Pac Man* nonsense, when in actuality, there are similar shapes on both good and bad covers - there are three variations of that shape that are good.

Then stitching differences on edge and center seams, which have been replicated on repros as well. That is why members make me nervous when they singularly identify a cover by stitching.

The HBT textile itself should be examined for weave pattern, as I mentioned above.

There are two other aspects, that I will not detail here, that are more important than stitching. Fortunately, I have not seen any repro that gets all of these right.

So, beware when you get advice solely based on stitching and the beleaguered *Pac Man*. The entire cover needs to be known and assessed.

Oh yeah, real easy!

olivedrab1970

In light of the bigger picture it all comes down to as time goes on there will be less and less of the original camouflage covers available. Reproductions have gotten much better and detailed along with stitching and material. If in doubt and looks to good to be true, then be cautious.

Robin-

I really don't like the stitching on either side

the saw tooth should not have a thread at the top (in the black circle)

The chain stitching is too sloppy for me too

post-80886-0-89442500-1582857951.jpg

here is correct chain - this one looks so much cleaner and the thread looks thicker and that was mentioned earlier in this thread

that the thread on the Lux camo cover might not be cotton.

post-80886-0-59711000-1582858262_thumb.jpg

So why did you cover vendors name ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk