New Additions to an old D-Day group, thanks to a forum member

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

I've had this 4th div d day group for a awhile now. This all started a few weeks ago when nara gave access to the awards cards I was having trouble finding a DFC card for an 15th a/f guy. Forum member kadet offered to help he found him quick i was very grateful. I mentioned I had a 4th div d day guy who had a bronze star with v device. I've always wondered how he got it. Kadet to a shot at it and a few days later said he could not find anything about the BS. But he found the following. A fantastic portrait shot. Individual record of officers and enlisted personal. Some amazing things he wrote down. When I found this at a local auction years ago it was split up medals in one section ike in another. And no doubt some of the Third Reich stuff that was at the auction was probably his. I had no idea at the time and I didn't collect tr stuff. So I paid no mind to it. Well anyway I have a great photo of soldier wearing the same ike. Someone made a shadow box for him or maybe he made it himself but some things were added, like post war DUI's, Belgium forregere, was added. BF ribbon as the us conspicuous service medal ribbon. The overseas hat is british made

but missing the 4th div dui. The first 8 pics is what I already had. The rest is what kadet found. Thanks kadet!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

Here's the new stuff, I love the description of the bring backs, I cringe to think of the stuff at the auction as most likely his and I missed it. Read the last picture, it's question number 6 on the sheet, - artifacts it asks if you have any souvenirs and would you like to donate to the us heritage museum. Please describe them briefly here. This is what he wrote. I have quite the collection of German army WW2 stuff helmets, caps, visored officers and em dress hats, medals, canteens, gas masks, bayonets, flags, etc.i may send some to you. I may send more pics. I copied verbatim. 25787e8d3e1b9203361ce9f93b60beb1.jpg6d1da27a9d65b521cfe196b1fabd8fc3.jpg01784bf1d686d90d2b80be4daba1d688.jpg3e33ad6dd7724b6424e9ee48bf32b20b.jpgd6ea498c6a90f1b7d30d1b2accf66a16.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk