Robert E. Lee Memorabilia Found at SOS $5 Box

GIKyle

Sorry for the click bait title but I couldn't resist. I was poking around a $5 bin and saw this set of dog tags and thought it neat that they still retained a P38 and a 17th Infantry medallion. I scooped them up, paid, and put them in my bag. Only when organizing and packing my finds for the day did I notice the name on the tags. Coincidently, the 17th Infantry was part of the assault on Marye's Heights at Fredericksburg and in the Wheatfield at Gettysburg. A 2007 entry on the Korean War Project notes that Lee was a member of E Company, 2nd Battalion and participated at Inchon and was at the Yalu River. Could be an interesting research project from the $5 bin!

Kyle

post-537-0-14610600-1582735035.jpg

Buffalo Grunt

Great find ... Thanks for sharing

Don

Sorry for the click bait title but I couldn't resist. I was poking around a $5 bin and saw this set of dog tags and thought it neat that they still retained a P38 and a 17th Infantry medallion. I scooped them up, paid, and put them in my bag. Only when organizing and packing my finds for the day did I notice the name on the tags. Coincidently, the 17th Infantry was part of the assault on Marye's Heights at Fredericksburg and in the Wheatfield at Gettysburg. A 2007 entry on the Korean War Project notes that Lee was a member of E Company, 2nd Battalion and participated at Inchon and was at the Yalu River. Could be an interesting research project from the $5 bin!

Kyle