326 AEB M1 Helmet on Ebay

GSP

Here's the proverbial "Is this Airborne helmet original?" thread. I thought I'd post this one, however as the seller has a lot of other military items - especially M1 Helmets. Seller claims that they got the helmet directly from a Captain who served in the 326 AEB as a gift. They also have a suspect looking ARVN lid.
Here's a link to the helmet. https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-M-1-American-Army-Helmet/153844396254
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I would be extra very careful when dealing with painted lids. I don't care what the seller sez--- talk is cheap------------ ask lots of questions first. the liner looks clean compared to the inside and outside of the pot. the webbing looks to be pretty clean too.

Asked the seller some more questions, apparently they acquired it from a "Edward Kunzelman". I found one reference to Edward Kunzelman when searching serial numbers, however he was a private. I also find it odd that the seller lacks a return policy. The fact that the seller also has listed what they know as an ARVN helmet, but are unable to identify it to the 326 AEB is absurdity to me.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

ARVN helmet and the items that come with it are fake, and I believe the WWII German jacket is post WWII Austrian, seems like the seller is a scammer

I notified the seller it was a fake and boy did I get a lashing in words. these ebay rip offs put up a great line of BS when confronted with junk. sez--- my husband got it from a friend 60 years ago-- blah blah blah!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to put the sellers name in here if you believe it is a scam...especially multiple scam listings. Links do nothing to thwart people from doing business in the future.

Seller spearsonoh