NASA scientist Katherine Johnson

cutiger83

Yesterday, Katherine Johnson, the NASA scientist portrayed in the movie, Hidden Figures, passed away at the age of 101.

When Katherine Johnson was little, she loved to count things. By the age of 10, she was in high school. In 1961, she calculated the trajectory of NASA's first trip into space. She was so consistently accurate that when NASA began to use computers, they had her check the calculations to make sure they were correct.

RIP....

Sad news but she certainly lived a long life. I was not aware of this story until I caught the movie which I thoroughly enjoyed. To bad the movie was not made 40 years earlier. May she rest in peace.

Sad news but she certainly lived a long life. I was not aware of this story until I caught the movie which I thoroughly enjoyed. To bad the movie was not made 40 years earlier. May she rest in peace.

I agree! It was a great movie that everyone should see.

...Kat

Yesterday, Katherine Johnson, the NASA scientist portrayed in the movie, Hidden Figures, passed away at the age of 101.

When Katherine Johnson was little, she loved to count things. By the age of 10, she was in high school. In 1961, she calculated the trajectory of NASA's first trip into space. She was so consistently accurate that when NASA began to use computers, they had her check the calculations to make sure they were correct.

RIP....

It was John Glenn who insisted on her doing the recalculations....When told she had confirmed the calculations to a couple decimal places more than the computers, Glenn said he liked the numbers....Also agree it's a movie worth watching....Bodes