Tarbridge

dskjl

Fellow members I have been reading Robert’s posts for years, learned a great deal from his experience, knowledge and wit. I have made better purchases as a result of what I have gained from his expertise, and feel my collection and my experience as a collector are better as a result Robert’s contributions to the forum.

Last week at the SOS Robert provided me the luxury of spending several hours over a couple days together reviewing some of my medal collection, he and I did some buying and selling, etc...

Fair, honorable, trustworthy are all appropriate adjectives to describe how Robert conducts his business, but it was Robert’s manner, the way he treated people that really stood out to me.

Robert has a way (gift) of connecting with people that is very disarming, welcoming, and instills a sense of calm/confidence. Robert treats everybody with a smile, dignity, and respect no matter the nature of the conversation/topic; a $5 item or $5k item, young, old, rookie, or expert. Robert’s manner is unwavering, he speaks (and listens) to everybody the way you might imagine he would his mother, certainly the way I want/expect others to treat my mom, and admittedly fail to do at times.

Thank you Robert for the example you set, the knowledge you so generously share, the wit, smiles, and kind consideration you unbiasedly show all those fortunate enough to spend time with you.

I second that.

Robert is one of the finest contributors to the field of Militaria I have had the pleasure to meet over the past 40 years.

Robert, are you buying us all lunch for this nice talk? haha.

I will say that on more than one occasion i have driven six hours round trip just to have lunch with Robert. Each time a worthwhile and insightful meal (and he even paid)

suwanneetrader

I only know Robert from this Forum for 8 - 9 years but he is always helpful and I've even sold him a few things :D Richard another old guy.

tdogchristy90

I got to speak to him for the first time face to face at the show. A top notch guy and plan to do business with him in the future. A great guy.

Robert, are you buying us all lunch for this nice talk? haha.

I will say that on more than one occasion i have driven six hours round trip just to have lunch with Robert. Each time a worthwhile and insightful meal (and he even paid)

Dwight sold out much cheaper...only 4 cans of Diet Pepsi...

I have known Robert for many years, going back along way...I would run into him at shows many moons ago. He is a stand out guy. Nothing but good to say. Wealth of knowledge, absolutely agree with his gift for conversation, whether he is talking to a 13 year old or a 85 year old. He has the gift of conversation for sure. Thanks Robert! you have answered many questions for all no matter how trivial. An asset to the forum and the collecting community. Regards!

Dittos on all the comments made about Robert Wilson - I'll add "A Prince of a guy!" A super knowledgeable militaria/medal dealer-and a collector himself. Always willing to share. Good on ya, Robert!

Always enjoying seeing Robert at the SOS every year and occasionally an OMSA convention. He loves show and tell and will actually let you look at everything up close without having to provide a financial statement showing your ability to buy an item like some people do :)

Kurt

We are proud to have this Southern gentleman using his charm and smarts to help keep this forum the way y'all like it to operate. We are all lucky he apparently never sleeps. Are you going to the Pomona show this year?

We are proud to have this Southern gentleman using his charm and smarts to help keep this forum the way y'all like it to operate. We are all lucky he apparently never sleeps. Are you going to the Pomona show this year?

Yes Sir...
  • 10 months later...
tdogchristy90

I finally got to buy something from Robert a few months back. It was honestly a bucket list achievement of mine give what we all know about Robert and with how nice he’s been to me the few times I’ve gotten to speak to him. 

The item was shipped well, fast, and accurate. I can’t give enough praise, honestly. 

This praise from a 2 month old purchase is over due but I hope to and look forward to doing business with him again. Great transaction. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.