Officer's AEF Service Uniform. 42nd Div. 166th Ambulance Co., Capt. J. Drake

Great grouping I am going to miss it but I am happy to be able to get it back to the family.

Thanks again Mike

world war I nerd

While searching for a particular photo in a folder of images I downloaded from the National World War I Museum's online archives, I stumbled upon what I believe is another photo of Dr. Drake taken in occupied Germany 1919 ... small world, eh?

post-5143-0-75598300-1494294665_thumb.jpg

Razorback13

We compared it with some other photos here, but that doesn't seem to be him. Great picture, however!

It's so awesome to see where this uniform ended up! I need to remember who I got it from back in 2007...

This is a great story that ended amazingly! I'm thrilled the family saved everything else, and still had interest in putting it back together. It would be a neat article for the Tennessee State Library and Archives to put together representing this ambulance company that was composed of almost all Memphians! If there is interest in the family I would be glad to contact Myers Brown with the TSL&A here in Nashville about just such a project!

David

This just keeps getting better and better. These are the type of reunions I like to see!