Odd TD uniform on ebay

ww2guymandude

ww2guymandude

Found this the other day on ebay, and the insignia seems pretty hard to explain on it, yet everything seems as though it’s been on the uniform for quite some time. The DUIs are for the 178th Inf which was detached to form the 795th TD Battalion which was deployed with the 92nd ID to Italy. The part that stumps me about this uniform is the 319th CAC/AAA brass. So far I’ve found that there was only a 319th GFAB, which never had any AAA components. Any explanation for this brass and the AA ssi?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ww2guymandude

Just found a potential explanation for the 319th brass. There was a 319th Coast Artillery Barrage Balloon battalion that was also composed of all Black men, similar to that of the 795th TD.

Not hard to explain at all, some one added a bunch of random insignia to a uniform to dress it up and get more for it on e-Bay.

+1 seller kb-looking knows just what they are doing. Tons of militaria items. Priced to be a quick sell.

Shoot, I missed out when I was an officer, I didn't know that I could wear my units DUI on my shoulder!!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-U-S-OFFICER-TANK-DESTROYER-JACKET-319th-COAST-ARTILLERY-W-B-BAILEY-1942/324068407283?hash=item4b73fb77f3:g:geMAAOSw0ileQMIG:sc:USPSPriority!92626!US!-1