Styrofoam heads for display warning

bldrhouse

I ordered a number of heads from an Asian company via Amazon because the price was right and I needed six.

Unfortunately, these heads all have features that are more Asian than Western -- I wouldn't care, but these heads are for my American helmets and so look a bit strange.

The Asian head looks fine with the IJA helmet, but would not with the American one.

No racism here, just a warning to look carefully at heads before ordering if this would be important to you.

post-212241-0-87342200-1582503989_thumb.jpg

please be carefull and try to avoid styrofoam - over time vapors from it from will react with leather or rubber and will glue itself together. Have seen it first hand when nice ww1 german gasmask end up glued into the styrofoam head. it pretty much ruined that gas mask

please be carefull and try to avoid styrofoam - over time vapors from it from will react with leather or rubber and will glue itself together. Have seen it first hand when nice ww1 german gasmask end up glued into the styrofoam head. it pretty much ruined that gas mask

M,

Thank you; my helmets sit on a washed pure cotton do-rag on top of the head.

however, others on the forum have said the opposite.

no chances taken.

a real shame about the WWI gas mask.......

z

M,

Thank you; my helmets sit on a washed pure cotton do-rag on top of the head.

however, others on the forum have said the opposite.

no chances taken.

a real shame about the WWI gas mask.......

z

Let the do rag down over the face and it solves your prob with the heads.

A 442nd helmet might work.

I used to use canteens filled with sand as helmet stands. styrofoam heads don’t have much weight to them, and the helmets would easily topple over. The canteens with sand gave a more stable base and also allowed me to display the canteen collection.

ROOSTER 777: Let the do rag down over the face and it solves your prob with the heads. -- HA; originally tried that but looked a bit creepy.. yet with ten helmets might be just the solution: focuses eyes on helmet and not white face.

dskjl (sounds like you live in CO with the weather description?): A 442nd helmet might work. you guys are just full of playful ideas, but if i could find one clearly marked as such would consider for my collection

I used to use canteens filled with sand as helmet stands. styrofoam heads don’t have much weight to them The canteens with sand gave a more stable base and also allowed me to display the canteen collection.

-- right; and those wooden stands that I made, per suggestion elsewhere on the forum, solved the problem. Have yet to paint them.