What are these?

subsystem4

Manchu Warrior

This is the M231 5.56mm Firing Port Weapon that is used on the BFV but I honestly do not remember that type of pouches on my BFV. But then again I am getting old and my memory is not what it once was. By the way we were allowed to use the M231 when training to clear trenches and it was not possible to aim the weapon but it sure was a lot of fun to fire. w00t.gif

post-1412-1231529283.jpg

The pouches you have, look like the casing bag's for use with the M60, perhaps the "door gunner" type.

For a Huey or a Blackhawk......

Some rubber, some canvas.

Duffy

Not door gunner bags. Door gunner bags for the M-60Ds are rectangular bags with a zippered back so you can reach in and cock the gun. The blackhawk has a ejection chute that directs the brass down into a bag that typically gets ripped off with the wind, so the bag is rarely used. It is black as well.

Hawkdriver,

Roger that. I agree totally with what you have said, I should've known this as I have seen

the actual bags! My error.

Do you suppose these are individual load carrying bags for underneath the M60?

That is my second guess.....

Duffy

Duffy, you are correct. I think there was a post on these magazines previously. I'll see if I can find it. they came in canvas and rubberised canvas.

Tim