3rd Engineer Brigade?

Midwestern85

I think you are going to have to give us more information as Engineers aren't usually deployed at a Brigade level. So, What time period are you referring to? In WWII there was a 3rd Engineer Special Brigade in the Pacific in WWII. You can read about them here- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineer_Special_Brigade_(United_States)

Please provide us with more detail, and we will see if we can provide more information.

Allan

Sorry- should have provided more detail. I found a SSI being sold (as a WWII authentic patch by a private party, and as a WWII reproduction at Dover) as the 3rd Engineer Brigade. The designation special is not used in any listing I have found for this SSI.

I apologize but I have not learned how to post the picture of the insignia in question. However, I would describe it as looking like exactly like the WWII Southern Defense Command SSI, except that the blue panel is red. The patch is a shield in shape, red background, with a white, wavey, diagonal line.

BILL THE PATCH

It's not the 3rd engr brigade, it's unknown. This patch your talking about is miss identified. I'll post a picture if I can find mine.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

BILL THE PATCH

Thanks, saved me the trouble trying to find mine. I remember these were selling for about 100.00 bucks or more. Then I found one in an antique shop for 7.00 I was very happy. Then come to find out it's not what everyone thought it's was for years. Maybe someday it will be I'd

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

I have got to say I feel lucky too as having found my version in a patch junk box years ago. With out any proof, the error idea is the best and most logical.

On a related note, here is a modern patch, 55th Sustainment Brigade that i have as a color error patch and i have seen it already listed as HQ variation of the unit! There are other examples that i will show in another post. At what time in the future will this be shown in the "books of all knowing knowledge" that some people swear by as to the only truth that is for this patch? Collectors need to LEARN!! Ask the same question over and over but REMEMBER or write the info down. Not to many patches have had a major color change, kept the same design and/or been called the same unit or named a different one altogether. Just my limited 2 cents worth. Please correct me if I am wrong.post-3643-0-72697300-1582314425_thumb.jpg

Here is another modern patch, Sustainment Center of Excellence, Ft. Lee. The red border,all blue star is the right or approved version. The other ones i have been offered to buy as seperate units within the Cmd or as a new variation of the first patch. I do not believe this patch is in to many books yet but I hope the right patch and id gets published! In 40 years we will have another 442nd Anti-Tank patch problem all over again! Well, some of the new collectors will!post-3643-0-37687900-1582315329_thumb.jpg

Here is my variations of the patch in question. The "3rd Eng." one is made of synthetic materials. Would like others opinion on the yellow/gold bordered one. I do not want to keep passing off "fake news" about patches!post-3643-0-26535200-1582316184.jpg