• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Silver Star in the for sale section.

I took a look at the engraving on the reverse of this medal and find it to be sloppy and not like any official hand engraving that I have seen. Thoughts? Not sure if this belongs in this section or not. I didn't want to step on the sales post.

I'm sure they're talking about the D-Day Silver Star.

That medal aside, I wish any high end medals would first be posted in the medal discussion section first so that we can all learn about engraving styles and hear from trusted members. Once a piece is vetted this way, it becomes much easier to sell at a later date. Just a thought.

donation2007.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 PM

I took a look at the engraving on the reverse of this medal and find it to be sloppy and not like any official hand engraving that I have seen.

+another

donation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Specific areas of collecting and buying interest:

WWI/WWII 40th (Sunshine) Division, Camp Kearny, Camp Harry Jones, WWI/WWII 158th Infantry, USS Oklahoma, USS Swordfish (SS-193), Pearl Harbor Survivors Association, Mexican Border (1916),

Norman Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) Norman, OK, Tinker Field or AFB, Submariner Items, Knives, Bayonets, Sweetheart Jewelry, other unique

or odd items with interesting stories.

It is NOT official issue engraving. Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)