Khaki gaberdine Ike

kwc271

Hello,

I just acquired a gaberdine Khaki Ike jacket. It is for a 1st Lt. in the signal corps. Doesn’t look like there were any shoulder patches ever on it. It has a satin lining also. Is anyone familiar with one of these? I can’t seem to be able to post a pic as I am on my iPad. I can email a pic to someone to post here if that is ok?

I have never seen khaki gaberdine used for any uniform. I think there may be some confusion in terms, khaki is the tan or sand color associated with summer uniforms and gaberdine is a heavy wool material with small lines in the weave used in "Pinks and greens". People often confuse khaki and OD which is a brownish green. Summer uniforms were usually made of worsted wool (much lighter the gaberdine) or cotton and sometimes of linen. I am guessing what you have is a late to post WWII uniform made of OD molten wool when officers began to wear the same Ike jackets as EM only better quality. Tan summer Ike jackets were an optional item but to make one of gaberdine would be too hot for summer. A picture of the uniform and label would help. As for no patch it is probably just an unused uniform that someone pin insignia on.

Hello,

I just acquired a gaberdine Khaki Ike jacket. It is for a 1st Lt. in the signal corps. Doesn’t look like there were any shoulder patches ever on it. It has a satin lining also. Is anyone familiar with one of these? I can’t seem to be able to post a pic as I am on my iPad. I can email a pic to someone to post here if that is ok?

I PMed You.

Member sent me photos of item, huge files, had to resize them all. Member states no name it it unfortunately, and no evidence of ribbons were worn, and as we see, no evidence of a shoulder patch, no other insignia except the collar brass. A nice IKE for sure Tropical Wool right? Fogot to ask member about the Garrision Cap, if it came with jacket, and if that has a name in it

So without further ado.

The exterior

post-34986-0-50569800-1582423424_thumb.jpgpost-34986-0-59481700-1582423499_thumb.jpgpost-34986-0-62867300-1582423519_thumb.jpg

Hello,

First of all, thank you very much for posting my pics for me. I checked the cap and there is no name present unfortunately. The insignia are clutch back but the rank insignia is pin back.

Wow, great jacket and it is Tropical Worsted. I would say early post war, could be late war but this sort of thing really became popular after. They were never a standard uniform but were authorized as optional until 1951. That is why there are so many variations, they were all tailor made with only general guide lines and not worn on duty.