Button Hoard - Unknown Navy brass

GOAmules

I found a box of military buttons, and spent the morning separating them. Some were Federal Civil War, some USMC. These I cannot figure out. The one near the center with the eagle seems US Navy. None except the little one on the far left are marked on the back, it says Brevet something, so I'm guessing French. They are mostly tin backs.

Oh, and the bottom two seem to be possibly early American...or Royal Navy. Any ideas if any are military, and US?

49539936561_6717b82fde_c.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The one with the eagle is the early, pre-1940, style but it dose not look quite right, it may be a commercial copy, would have to see the back to tell. A few may be foreign navy but most if not all look to be commercial blazer buttons.

The one with the eagle is the early, pre-1940, style but it dose not look quite right, it may be a commercial copy, would have to see the back to tell. A few may be foreign navy but most if not all look to be commercial blazer buttons.

. Agree. The one with the eagle may be pre 1940 USN, the rest are not US military, mostly CIB blazer buttons.