Strange Plastic coated Ribbon Bar

cerick1450

Hello

I came across this strange Plastic coated good conduct ribbon bar today. I is a clutch back type with Phinney clutches. It is Maker Marked Pat Pending and U.S. Abgeles (sp?) Any Idea as to era this was made and has anyone seen many of these..

Thank you..

post-13198-0-93727500-1581656090.jpg

post-13198-0-26713700-1581656099.jpg

post-13198-0-26493200-1581656106.jpg

Just a normal wolf brown ribbon, bottom line is Los Angeles. WW2 Period ribbon. coating texture could change from being exposed to heat/cold which is most likely the case!

Thank you for the help.. I also was confused by the mount. It caught my eye with the Phinney clutches.. I also, have never seen this type before..

Interesting mount. Ive seen this once before. As aside, Wolf-Brown had patented, proprietary mounts and clutches, very different from that shown here. If a serviceman didnt have the correct mount. One had to improvise to create something that you fit.

The mount is correct. It's one of the two types, used by Wolf-Brown.

Did Wolf-Brown actually make the type shown here? Ive never found any documentation on them. Its definitely an inferior design compared to their patented design. I have one of these wire mounts on a Wolf-Brown SSM ribbon, and its misshapen like the GC ribbon seen here.