Western Bowie

capt14k

I just won this on eBay and I think it is all correct but if anyone can confirm quickly that it is in fact a WWII Western Bx54 Bushman it would be greatly appreciated. Never thought I would have the chance to own one. My hope has gone up of one day owning a L-76 and maybe even a W-31. Pics are the seller's who I would guess is a member of the forum. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Nice example.Looks right.Even the original scabbard.

Thank you. Sorry for multiple pics of same thing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I'm with doyler. Westerns have been a point of interest in my collecting. More familiar with the Bowies from the 60's to the closing of the original Camillus. But that duck walks, talks, and looks like a Western Bx54.

You can always tell a WWII Western by the rather crude plastic handle. It looks exactly like mine. I had always wondered if it had been damaged, but no, that's the way all of them are.

Maybe this is being too critical, but how likely is it, that this original belt hanger is attached to a reproduction scabbard? They do not look like the same leather.

Marv

You can always tell a WWII Western by the rather crude plastic handle. It looks exactly like mine. I had always wondered if it had been damaged, but no, that's the way all of them are.

Maybe this is being too critical, but how likely is it, that this original belt hanger is attached to a reproduction scabbard? They do not look like the same leather.

Marv

Scabbard I think is original. Rivets look correct. I took a look the leather more closely and the hanger is darker on outside than inside and has cracking in it. I think it is the same.

The next morning I also won a Case V-44 but I really only wanted the Western so I sold the Case with an extra sheath I picked up a year or so ago. Same seller for Western and Case and seller did note that Case was cleaned.

af448aa386d579e93a4e0955157ab8c5.jpgd39e39f628045e2cd4bd391c656c7509.jpg804b91faebcc4a238252a3e48219b33b.jpgbc574f6b460bc1dddf87949e116132d9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk