USMC JACKET&PANTS

L11-VELASCO

Dear Gents

USMC is not my collecting area and a friend gave me as gift this USMC uniforms:jacket and pants and I would like any light about rank that I supposed for a captain but I don,t know for sure if the silver bars matching with this type of dress uniform instead the black bars,on the other way what is this lanyard used for and finally I would like date this stuff. :D

thumbnail.jpgthumbnail_(3).jpgthumbnail_(4).jpgthumbnail_(6).jpgthumbnail_(7).jpgthumbnail_(2).jpgthumbnail_(1).jpg

Thanks from sunny Spain

Fernando

post-154601-0-54775500-1581615291_thumb.jpg

Your uniform is for a Marine Corps captain. The US Navy wears the same rank to denote lieutenant, so your bars are correct. The fourragere should be worn on the other shoulder and tells us that the unit that the captain was serving in was either the fifth or sixth Marines. The fourragere is a unit award for service in World War I.

The uniform appears to be from the Vietnam period. It appears to be complete with the matching belt and trousers. You just need to find a tan shirt and tie and a cap to display the entire uniform. The captain should have some ribbons- at least the National Defense.

Allan

Your uniform is for a Marine Corps captain. The US Navy wears the same rank to denote lieutenant, so your bars are correct. The fourragere should be worn on the other shoulder and tells us that the unit that the captain was serving in was either the fifth or sixth Marines. The fourragere is a unit award for service in World War I.

The uniform appears to be from the Vietnam period. It appears to be complete with the matching belt and trousers. You just need to find a tan shirt and tie and a cap to display the entire uniform. The captain should have some ribbons- at least the National Defense.

Allan

Hi Allan

I found this label inside the pant... I could read april 12th but could you see year or something more on this label.

IMG-20200214-210925.jpg

Your label is simply a garment workers' union label. There may be some way of pinning down the exact date of manufacturer (or at least the year), but we do know that the jacket is Post Korean War, and most likely Vietnam era.

Allan