USMC P41 HBT Trousers

Catfishcraig

Ive search the forum and dont see a lot of threads on WWII USMC combat Trousers. I picked up a pair from a vintage clothing dealer recently. According to the reference thread they are 2nd Pattern P41 utility trousers. They have been altered from 38 waist to a 36 and the manufacturers label is still is visible on the backside of the front pocket. Unfortunately the date is illegible, but using a night vision camera I think I can make out the last digit as a 2 (but not 100% positive). The legs are straight with no tapering, they look wide to me but not flaired out like bell bottoms.

My question is who manufactured these (manufacturers name is also illegible) and when were they produced? The reference thread suggests they were mid war. Has any more information been uncovered since then?

Thanks in advance for any information that can be provided.

Craig

post-12393-0-98456300-1581610039_thumb.jpeg

post-12393-0-53381900-1581610056_thumb.jpeg

There is a thread here, and yours match the example manufactured by Federal Prison Industries, Inc. The example linked was made in 1944, but unless you have a complete list of contracts by that particular manufacturer, you can only guess yours are from the same contract year

There is a thread here, and yours match the example manufactured by Federal Prison Industries, Inc. The example linked was made in 1944, but unless you have a complete list of contracts by that particular manufacturer, you can only guess yours are from the same contract year

Thank You for your response. I read the thread you are referring to and yes I was hoping that somebody might have the contact dates for this particular manufacturer and design. Since I cannot make out the dates I was home to narrow it down by contract.

Thanks again

Craig

• 3 months later...
Catfishcraig

I was able to get a better picture of the stamp on the trousers today using a night vision camera.  Indeed they are manufactured by Federal Prison Industries and seem to be dated July 31, 1942.   I know there was some discussions around which USMC trouser patterns were manufactured and these were thought of as second pattern.  but the date on mine is two years earlier than the example in the referenced thread.

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG