Presidential and Vice Presidential Flags

I really enjoyed going through this thread, you have a unique and great collection. I can say that you took me to school today and I learned a lot, thank you. I'm looking forward to your additions. Gregg

This is a pair of 12" x 18" POTUS limo flags attributed to the Bill Clinton era. During Clinton's administration they continued to use much less expensive printed nylon flags. Compared to the stunning PQMD embroidered flags these nylon flags aren't very impressive. As a taxpayer I'm happy with the cheaper flags but up close they are not very special. On these flags note the yellow and gray fringe was applied to the US flag as well as the POTUS flag. This is not spec according to TIOH. The fringe should be yellow and white for auto flags and only on the POTUS flag. The US flag always gets yellow/gold fringe. These are probably Annin flags. Valley Forge made printed flags too but their process seemed to be much better with greater detail.

Note the flags in the AF1 & WJC limo photo and you can see my set of flags appear to be authentic to that time period.

post-139458-0-91112900-1581609984.jpg

post-139458-0-82150400-1581612005_thumb.jpg

This is an 18" x 26" printed nylon POTUS flag attributed to Gerald Ford. It came from the estate of a ranking Kansas City police officer assigned to coordinate with the secret service during a visit. The flag is a double sided, printed flag with the appropriate yellow and white fringe. I believe this is a Valley Forge flag because it is a higher quality nylon and the printing details are much better quality. As with most of the printed POTUS and VPOTUS flags there is no contract label in the pole sleeve.

post-139458-0-60457200-1581612342_thumb.jpg

I really enjoyed going through this thread, you have a unique and great collection. I can say that you took me to school today and I learned a lot, thank you. I'm looking forward to your additions. Gregg

Thanks Gregg. There is a lot to learn about flags and I have met many collectors who have taught me lots about the topic. TD