2nd Infantry Division laundry number research - help

Tu Felix Austria

Tu Felix Austria

Hello!

i ve got this uniforms since ten years in my collection. Now i wanna sell it because i m not collecting any longer us ww2 stuff.

before the jacket leaves me, i wanna try to get as much information as possible about the it s former owner.

there is just a laundry number inside (A-6640). I found with this number 28 entlisted records and of this 28 there was one person who entlisted in fort sam houston in Texas, the place wehre the division was based before the Campaign in europe.

i m very thankful About all other informations you can give me About this Person or Maybe another match for the laundry!

best regards from Austria

post-130493-0-13572300-1581374525_thumb.jpg

post-130493-0-78887700-1581374555_thumb.jpg

Captainofthe7th

Seeing more of the uniform might help if it shows rank, service stripes, and overseas bars. This is a tough one as I do not know of any great 2d Div resources and there is nothing outstanding about the awards or anything. I think any of the eight pre-Pearl Harbor enlistees are potential matches.

Rob

BILL THE PATCH

There is a Arrowhead on the eto ribbon, did all 2nd div get an Arrowhead for Normandy? I thought only a couple of units within the div got it. That would help maybe in marrowing it down

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk