Thomas dog tag

Ardennen1944

Who can help me please finding this soldier's unit?

Lee A. Thomas, ASN 38217155.

I found it in the Ardennes.

I got in contact with his son who wrote the following:

"I will search though things to try and find some paper work such as the Silver Star citation or whatever else there is. What I do know is he was a corporal.

I do know he landed on Normandy on the second day of the invasion. Thank goodness it was the 2nd day! "

That was the last time I heard from him

Thanks.

post-16517-0-25955900-1581263334_thumb.jpg

Source: Newspapers.com

Publication: El Paso Times

Issue Date: Saturday, March 12, 1966

Page: 19

Lee Albert Thomas, 47, Fabens, passed away Thursday. He had been a resident of Fabens 7 years, having previously lived In El Paso 25 years before moving to Fabens. He was a member of the First Methodist Church of Fabens. Fraternity Masonic Lodge No. 1111, El Paso Scottish Rite Bodies, El Maida Shrine, Jesters, El Paso Aviation Association, El Paso Restaurant Association. He had been associated with the H & R Wholesale Co. Survivors: Mrs. Loyce Thomas; daughter, Betty Thomas; son, Billy Thomas, all of Fabens; father, W. A. Thomas, Estancia, New Mexico; sisters, Mrs. Norma Everett, Espanola, N.M.; Mrs. Erma Ann Mc-Gee, Estancia, New Mexico.; Mrs. La Rue Hotz, New Orleans; brothers, Robert K. Thomas, El Paso; Ivan J. Thomas, Albuquerque, N.M. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Monday In the Harding-Orr & McDaniel Montana Avenue Chapel, Rev. Rodney Roberts officiating. Interment will be in Restlawn with Fraternity Masonic Lodge No. 1111 in charge of the graveside services.

Perhaps one the forum members has the book "History of 272nd Infantry Regiment"?

Wonder if he is mentioned there for the Silver Star...or perhaps there is a picture from him in the book.