• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WW2 USMC Cousins

HI All,

I just got back from Hawaii and got to visit all sorts of great places from Pearl Harbor to the Punchbowl. While at the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific, I was walking around admiring and paying respect to these brave soles that fought for me when I happened upon a couple headstones next to each other who were from Montana. I thought it was interesting that they had the same last name so I decided when I got back I would do some research. Just wanted to make sure I do my little part in making sure that these Marines don't get forgotten. RIP Marines.

James E Kreiner USMC Jan 18, 1911 - May 19, 1945

Carl V Kreiner USMC Sep 19, 1912 - June 15, 1944

James fought in the battle of Bougainville and the battle for Okinawa in E/2/29 where he was ultimately killed in action serving as a platoon sergeant with others in the 6th Marine Division. For this battle, he earned the Silver Star and Purple Heart.

Carl fought as a Corporal in a mortar crew with E/2/8 with others in the 2nd Marine Division. He fought on Saipan where he was KIA.

May these men never be forgotten!

-Kyle-

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2020.gif

Looks like James also fought with 3/1 parachute regiment during the battle of Bougainville before transferring to 1/28 of the 5th marine division and then ultimately to E/2/29.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kyle-

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2020.gif