Modified Paratrooper Helmet with Mess Kit Loops

carbinekid

I picked this helmet up a dozen years ago from a local dealer. I think I gave $20 for it back then. This appears to be one of the modified helmets put together by Airborne command to find a replacement for the M2 with its fragile D-bales. You can clearly see on my helmet where the original bales were. The added swivel loops came from mess kits. Between this helmet and the other two examples Ive seen that still have chinstraps, all three have the same setup. OD standard type straps that are attached with thick light colored thread stitched in a Z pattern. Despite straining my eyes to no end I cannot discern a heat lot stamp. It has every appearance of an early production helmet based on profile and stress cracks.

Thoughts?

Just a reminder we do not allow outside photo hosting on the forum. Your links have been removed. Please feel free to directly upload the photos to the topic.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Here are the images, I've taken the liberty of cropping them to allow the largest view of the key details while still fitting inside the forum file size limit

post-153751-0-77433600-1581299428_thumb.jpg