Camo M1 helmets

just-a-good-ole-boy

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my field made camouflaged cover and net on a fixed bail helmet with Hawley liner named to a F. H. Hess. I purchased this helmet from the garage of a Dallas estate sale back in the early 1980s. The burlap cover has been daubed with a lighter and darker shade of green paint. I've never had the liner out of the shell for fear of damaging something. There's a similar example to be found on page 368 of Chris Armold's book Painted Steel.

Regards,

Dave

post-4484-1234805920.jpg

M-1Helmet.com
Here's my field made camouflaged cover and net on a fixed bail helmet with Hawley liner named to a F. H. Hess. I purchased this helmet from the garage of a Dallas estate sale back in the early 1980s. The burlap cover has been daubed with a lighter and darker shade of green paint. I've never had the liner out of the shell for fear of damaging something. There's a similar example to be found on page 368 of Chris Armold's book Painted Steel.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, if I am not mistaken I see a somewhat blurred black instamp on the inside. Likely LINER-FIBRE-M-1 and it seems a capital G below, if the G is indeed there you have a General Fibre Co. liner, not a Hawley.

Pete

• 1 month later...

This one comes from a friend's collection. It's a front seam swivel bail and was found in a surplus dealer's warehouse about 10-12 years ago. The dealer had just received a shipment of over 700 helmets from DRMO.

Bryan

MVC-107S.jpg

• 1 year later...
ITALIANWARFRONT

I collect mostly German camo helmets but I have few Italian and US and since this days US camo helmets are more expensive than Germans I decide to share ywo of my favorite in my collection.

Hope you like them.

Giorgio

post-2250-1297194635.jpg

I really love camo M1's. You don't see too many of them vs. their German counterpart. I asked Giorgio if I could add to this thread and I'd love to see other forum members post their M1 camo's!!

post-771-1297198835.jpg

Here is my ID'ed Marine camo. Came from the estate of William Crary, VMSB 151, named the Ali Baba bombing group. Crary was a tail gunner and mechanic. Great helmet you got there and all the others as well!

Cheers to Camos!!

Mike

post-576-1297213055.jpg