Here i have a Camo ( im prettuy sure ) M1 helmet that was used as a tool after the war.

048.jpg

049.jpg

050-1.jpg

" You can manufacture weapons and you can purchase ammunition,

But you can't buy valor and you can't pull heroes off an assembly line ".

-Sergeant John B. Ellery-

U.S. 1st Infantry Division

Hang Tough my friend!

I think this is the only camo helmet I have.

post-5-1231559899.jpg

Craig, here's my similar camo. You probably remember this one.

post-229-1234158085.jpg

Here's my field made camouflaged cover and net on a fixed bail helmet with Hawley liner named to a F. H. Hess. I purchased this helmet from the garage of a Dallas estate sale back in the early 1980s. The burlap cover has been daubed with a lighter and darker shade of green paint. I've never had the liner out of the shell for fear of damaging something. There's a similar example to be found on page 368 of Chris Armold's book Painted Steel.

Regards,

Dave

post-4484-1234805920.jpg

Here's my field made camouflaged cover and net on a fixed bail helmet with Hawley liner named to a F. H. Hess. I purchased this helmet from the garage of a Dallas estate sale back in the early 1980s. The burlap cover has been daubed with a lighter and darker shade of green paint. I've never had the liner out of the shell for fear of damaging something. There's a similar example to be found on page 368 of Chris Armold's book Painted Steel.

Regards,

Dave

Dave, if I am not mistaken I see a somewhat blurred black instamp on the inside. Likely LINER-FIBRE-M-1 and it seems a capital G below, if the G is indeed there you have a General Fibre Co. liner, not a Hawley.

Pete

This one comes from a friend's collection. It's a front seam swivel bail and was found in a surplus dealer's warehouse about 10-12 years ago. The dealer had just received a shipment of over 700 helmets from DRMO.

Bryan

MVC-107S.jpg

“There's not much I can tell you about this war. It's like all wars, I guess.The undertakers are winning.The politicians who talk about the glory of it.The old men who talk about the need of it.The soldiers, well, they just wanna go home.” Jimmy Stewart in Shenandoah

donation2007.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

I really love camo M1's. You don't see too many of them vs. their German counterpart. I asked Giorgio if I could add to this thread and I'd love to see other forum members post their M1 camo's!!

post-771-1297198835.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.