Kristina Koch Astronaut sets record

Mr.Jerry

There is always an exception male or female,who bring disgrace to an honorable profession. Capt.Lisa Nowak,a Shuttle astronaut was arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder. Thankfully she seems to be the only taint on these fine, super brave and intelligent women.An example of not how to lead your life.

There is always an exception male or female,who bring disgrace to an honorable profession. Capt.Lisa Nowak,a Shuttle astronaut was arrested for kidnapping and attempted murder. Thankfully she seems to be the only taint on these fine, super brave and intelligent women.An example of not how to lead your life.

Not sure why you felt the need to bring up Nowak in a thread about Koch.

As you said, there are good and bad men and women in all walks of life and all professions.

...Kat

Well in your post you used "female astronauts".You broadened the scope.Sorry if I offended you,but the truth is the truth and I'm not very PC.

Well in your post you used "female astronauts".You broadened the scope.Sorry if I offended you,but the truth is the truth and I'm not very PC.

So then using your analogy, I suppose I should be free to point out every man who ever did anything wrong when discussing any male topic on this forum.

Rather than point out the one bad apple in every bunch, why not celebrate the good ones?

Without any BS, her record in space is outstanding. A big congrats to her & also her team. she makes America PROUD! Bobgee

Congratulations Christina Koch. Well done and thank you.

If only our astronauts got a fraction of the admiration and attention that our entertainment

"celebrities" get.

I always wanted to be an astronaut growing up, and the space program and all that technology still captures my imagination. But it is hard to fathom the toll on the psyche and the physical toll on the body of being in space that long that has to be overcome. Never mind strapping yourself onto the top of what is essentially a giant missile full of explosive fuel.

BILL THE PATCH

Never heard that story, I'll have to Google it.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Is that the one that wore the adult diaper on her cross country drive to try to shoot another astronaut with a pellet gun, caught in a love triangle?....mike

I always wanted to be an astronaut growing up, and the space program and all that technology still captures my imagination. But it is hard to fathom the toll on the psyche and the physical toll on the body of being in space that long that has to be overcome. Never mind strapping yourself onto the top of what is essentially a giant missile full of explosive fuel.

Have you seen the movie "Hidden Figures" about the women who worked for NASA in the early days? Wonderful movie I highly recommend!

...Kat

BILL THE PATCH

Is that the one that wore the adult diaper on her cross country drive to try to shoot another astronaut with a pellet gun, caught in a love triangle?....mike

I think that's the one, I remember the diaper part, hahaha, sorry it just made me chuckle when read it.

Interesting, I guess I missed this in the news?

This discussion has changed from celebrating the accomplishments of Christina Koch as well as so many other female astronauts to discussing the one female astronaut who made a big mistake in her life. Typical diversion rather than celebrate the accomplishments of these women.

Thankfully there are many men in here who acknowledge the accomplishments of women in history.

...Kat

My daughter wanted to be an astronaut until I told her she had to learn to poop in a diaper in case she had to go number 2 while on a space walk.

USMC-RECON0321

This discussion has changed from celebrating the accomplishments of Christina Koch as well as so many other female astronauts to discussing the one female astronaut who made a big mistake in her life. Typical diversion rather than celebrate the accomplishments of these women.

Thankfully there are many men in here who acknowledge the accomplishments of women in history.

...Kat

Actually I was referring to the original part of this post. But I haven't had much free time to watch the news lately. Outstanding accomplishment for sure and good for her! (Not meaning the diaper wearing one). LOL

Actually I was referring to the original part of this post. But I haven't had much free time to watch the news lately. Outstanding accomplishment for sure and good for her!

Thank you so much for the kind words about Christina. Sorry I was confused.

...Kat

My daughter wanted to be an astronaut until I told her she had to learn to poop in a diaper in case she had to go number 2 while on a space walk.

There are all sorts of things these astronauts have to endure. Probably more than we want to know! Hahaha!!

...Kat

BILL THE PATCH

Hey Mike, are sure your not thinking of astronaut Ann mcClain , no diaper involved but something about I'd theft from space? I think her claim to fame is stealing her wife's identity and bank account from the international space station ? That reaches new heights

Bill the Patch,

The male ego is such a fragile thing. When confronted with a strong female, the male ego will sometimes throw itself on the floor kicking its' heels and having a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

Thankfully, there are strong men on this forum who realize that a strong woman doesn't make them any less of a man. They have the innate ability to thank women for their accomplishments.

If you just can't being yourself to congratulate Christina on her accomplishments, then why not just move on to another topic. To continue trying to belittle women is not accomplishing anything.

...Kat

BILL THE PATCH

Please tell me more........ I'm all ears, I'm hanging on every word...roll eyes.