TL 122 flash light, authentic?

Internet info all over the place. I suspect it is a late 70's, early 80's as the MX-991 was introduced after the TL-122D. Notice it has the switch guard.

If this was an issue flashlight, I believe the blank circle on the side above the switch would have the manufacturer's information in it. Looks like a commercial copy.

If this was an issue flashlight, I believe the blank circle on the side above the switch would have the manufacturer's information in it. Looks like a commercial copy.

I checked the OD website on flashlights and one of theirs also has a blank circle, and small hole in the metal attachment clip, in other words identical to this one. Some had manufacturers info in raised plastic on the end cap, others totally unmarked. I am assembling a late 70's web gear display for the local Legion, if a knock off no problem, but authenticity would be good to know.

I checked the OD website on flashlights and one of theirs also has a blank circle, and small hole in the metal attachment clip, in other words identical to this one. Some had manufacturers info in raised plastic on the end cap, others totally unmarked. I am assembling a late 70's web gear display for the local Legion, if a knock off no problem, but authenticity would be good to know.

I have a 991/U

It has the nomenclature on the side where you have a blank circle.. On the other side, instead of a blank circle. Theres the manufacturer Fulton made in USA

and there is no hole in the clip.

I agree with Matt in post #5.

MattS

Posted Today, 12:33 PM

and the switch is screwed to the body versus rivets...an issue flashlight would have rivets...at least the older TL-122 and early 991's